It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Summer turned to August and September and now it's October. That means it's holiday season to me. Christmas music and sweaters and everything. I'm so grateful I feel the chill in the air because it reminds me that change is coming and that change is okay. I'm reminded of my first year at BYU and the changes that have already happened. As I say goodbye to friends leaving on missions, I'm reminded of who I am the choice I've made to stay right where I am but move at the same time. I am moving towards the person that I don't know yet- someone who learns more, laughs more, and worries way less. I'm moving toward a kinder woman who is coming to know Christ and His life and plan for me. I'll soon have a hard time remembering the homework and the papers, but I will not forget the experiences that have shaped me. Speeding tickets. Lost phone chargers. Dealing with freshmen at 1 in the morning. My father's hug when he and the family come visit. Meal plans. Dating. Wishing he was here. Numb feet at football games. Writing letters. Every day I am thankful. Every day is Christmas because Christ lives. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. 





Comments

Popular Posts