March Madness

@thecoloramber
This is a CRAZY amazing time to be alive.

Crazy because of COVID-19, tornadoes, earthquakes, locusts, political chaos, fear, fighting, and more. Amazing because of people coming together, technology that keeps us connected, people putting Christmas lights back on their homes, and so much more. 

I've seen multitudes of positive messages, ideas for quarantining, facts, improvements, and hourly updates. It's a LOT to take in. 

Instead of going on and on about the state of the world right now, I'll turn inward and write about the things I've been doing to find peace amidst the anxiety. 

HOW WE BRING LIGHT INTO OUR HOME

1. Keep doing what we're doing. Honestly, I stay home 90% of the time anyway, and for the past 3+ years have worked from home, so this hasn't hit me in a huge way. 

2. Schedule or No Schedule? Figure out if you thrive on a schedule or a set of activities daily or if it's better to do things when you feel like it. For example, my baby is already on an eating/napping schedule, so while she sleeps I organize, work on crafts, watch one or two episodes of a show, or read. 

3. Get outside! I've been taking walks, hanging out in the backyard, and even going to a store when I absolutely need to for an item or two. We don't stand near people and we wash our hands multiple times a day. 

4. Learn + have fun. Pitch a tent inside. Try a new recipe. This time, to me, is a call for a slower way of life, a call to watch the world be still. 


My mom has been in town for a few days, so we've been redecorating parts of my home. I have two of these Target shelves I got for Christmas, and with some fake plants, baskets, and books and bowls, they've turned into my favorite part of our front room. 


March is a big birthday month in my family! Earlier in the month we got free Cheesecake Factory slices and celebrated my husband's birthday. Mine is in two days and we'll be doing this again! Fun Fact: we are making our way through the entire cheesecake list and are trying all the ones we haven't before. 


A BEAUTIFUL Arizona sunset. This state has a lot of good things going for it: no Daylight Savings time shift, no grocery bag fees like CA, and amazing "fire" sunsets. 


This is a recent artwork by The Color Amber. I've seen this going around online and it's a powerful piece of art that makes me feel safe and scared and peaceful all at once. 


And of course the one thing that makes every day SO much better is my little baby. She challenges me, she makes me laugh every time she's awake, she intrigues me, she makes me want to protect her and shield her from anything. Thinking about her future in this world makes me want to be a better parent and a better person in general. 

How are YOU getting through all of this? What's keeping you grounded and safe? March Madness is a very applicable name right now. 




Comments

Popular Posts