Baby It's Cold Outside...

Every year around Christmas, I hear the same question about traditions. "What does YOUR family do every year that makes Christmas so much more special?"


...........


To be honest, we don't have a solid tradition, other than the family parties and the Christmas presents (which I think everyone does...). So that's why I'm documenting the traditions that I'm going to start once I have my own family!




1. Listening to Elvis during Christmastime- heard him on the radio the other day driving, and it just felt so good for this season. Love him
2. Cookie decorating party- the legit sugar cookies with lots of frosting :)
3. Christmas pancakes (for dinner!)
4. Mom's waffles Christmas morning, maybe with Mom there too!
5. Choosing one family to sneak a gift to on Christmas Eve- nice little gift of service
6. Watching Elf, The Grinch, and Jingle All the Way -those movies are the best part of Christmas!
7. Ice skating with my husband! Or something close to snow!
8. Of course, keeping Christ close to our hearts as well. 


This time has become different to me- it isn't about elves or getting more stuff than my sisters. It's about feeling the warmth of love and counting the blessings we receive daily. Thanksgiving isn't over, and Christmas won't be over for me when December 26 rolls around. How are you going to celebrate the season?

Comments

Popular Posts