What's up Wednesday: Elder Koford


Today I want to write about my brother. I think about him every day. One side of me is so envious that he gets to do the exact right things every single day when he wakes up. He doesn't have to think twice about reading his scriptures or speaking to a stranger. Another side of me is surprised; I thought that he was the best boy in the world (I still do), so I didn't think the mission would change him. But it has. Oh, it has. He's still the Pixar-loving jokester that I miss terribly, but he is also becoming a man (weird to say). With less than a year till he's home, I think about what I am doing every day to tell my Heavenly Father about. Jordan is my favorite person ever because he knows what to care about. Little trivial things don't bother him, and he knows where he is going. 




Not seeing him for 2 years has actually brought us much much closer as siblings. Being on the older end, I now fully understand what it's like to be the oldest child. So much more responsibility, so much more patience, so much more thought. It's really hard, and I've learned to stay quiet a lot more, but I feel closer to him because of that. 
"I cannot wait to baptize people and save souls; I cannot wait to influence others; I cannot wait to...ahh I have 20 seconds. So much for inspirational."


"But I know there is some soul in Salt Lake City who needs me, and what langauge do they speak? Spanish! I can't wait for the day when I won't ever have to think what I will say in Spanish. Maybe itt'l be tomorrow!"


"He (Mission President) asked me, "If there's anything I should know about Elder Koford, what should it be?". I responded, "President, I don't want you to have to worry about me in my work. I am a very obedient person and am not one to question things."


"Also a big highlight during the week was something I have never discovered before in my area. It changed my entire mission, all for the good. We found...an IN-N-OUT!!!! OK, nothing too dramatic, but it was a big day. Elder Robayo and I went to In-N-Out on Thursday, and it was his first time! What a wonderful experience. He loved it, of course. I told him that we have the power to baptize hundreds now in our area!"


"I could totally see Jenna working in th Family Tree and teaching people the gospel. She would fit right in, and I have been thinking a lot about her this week about a mission. I know she can make her decision, but I would love her to serve in Salt Lake City South like her brother!"

Comments

Popular Posts