43 Days



I've been in Utah for almost two months, and it feels like everything. I am completely happy and terribly homesick all at the same time. I am wonderfully healthy and miserably tired, amazingly blessed and fiercely stressed. I am everything all at once and it is fun. I take my third test tomorrow, followed by three more by next week. It is a constant cycle of sleep, study, snack, and shower. It is a lot harder but a lot easier all at the same time.





Freshman Things I've Accomplished so far at BYU
1. Hiked the Y
2. Creamery ice cream (maybe too much)
3. Tunnel singing 
4. Ward Ice Skating/Activities
5. Secret Girl's Only Gym
6. Testing Center
7. Football Games
8. Soccer Games
9. Staying up WAY past midnight
10. Pro at ordering Subway now
11. Ahead of schedule in classes
12. Been on some dates
13. Saw my brother
14. Reunited with family 
15. Met SO many new people


I'm proud of the person I'm becoming and I pray that I continue to have this eternal perspective. It is beyond refreshing to be in a place where I completely forget about the cuss words of high school and the foul conversations. I am so used to being in a seriously good place now, and I know this is where I am supposed to be at this time, surrounded by SO many WONDERFUL people who are friendly and beautiful and just great. I'm hitting some walls along the way and always learning, but I am also always happy. There is always always always something to be thankful for.

Cheers, BYU.

Comments

Popular Posts