The Question

People are interesting. Genuinely. Jenuinely. It seems as if every person has something. Some passion, some desire, some skill. Ukulele. Exercise. Piano. Exploring abandoned mines. Sketching. Country dancing. Today I was asked about the things I do. My hobbies. My quirky activities. And all I could say was "I had jaw surgery."So for the rest of the day I thought (shocker). I thought about what drives me. What makes me happy. What I do. I thought about it a lot today- what things I can say. 

 I write. I write poems and raps and songs and I write. 
I think. I think a lot about the gospel, about people, about where I'm going and how things work. 
           I like documentaries, Twilight Zone, and old time things. 
I love plays, concerts, museums, musicals, choirs, shows, etc. 
          I like learning how things work. 
        I learn to play piano from Youtube videos
I eat more chocolate than I should
I like hiking but I don't do it a lot.
I love Christmas lights but that isn't a hobby. 
I have a bucket list of over 100 things I want to accomplish in this life. 
Hot air balloon. Hold a snake. Be in a flash mob. 
I have weird creative ideas throughout the day- movie theater business ideas, light up shoes...little things capture my interest.  
I love Disneyland, but who doesn't? I want to learn how to juggle
I'm really good at Word Searches and I just forgot about that until now. 
That's my awesome hobby- word searches. 

Look at this cool triple bunk bed. These are the things I find. 
Maybe I'm not extremely passionate about one particular thing (besides Jesus and this gospel and my family). 
And that's okay. 
Oh...I also had jaw surgery
P.S. I love turtles, puppies, the song Africa by Toto, Youtube clips, and movies.

When someone asks you the question, a question, any question...take it as an opportunity to learn more about who you are and what you're passionate about. "Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."


Comments

Popular Posts