May...be.

It's weird that May is almost over. Then it'll be June. Then July. Then 2015. Then I'll be 80. Time works like that. I've been looking at my 2014 goals and I'm doing pretty good. I've read more books than I have in a long time. I wrote a letter to my grandparents. I let my nails grow out (they're short again, nervous habit). I still want to try lobster and visit New York, but today I am happy. 
Every day that I get to wake up I am happy. 

I finished "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom, one of my favorite authors, and it has super deep quotes that belong on Pinterest. 

"Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. an alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out."
"There is a reason God limits our days. Why? To make each one special."

"There was always a quest for more minutes, more hours, faster progress to accomplish more in each day. The simple joy of living between summers was gone." 

Ok, most of those are dramatic, but the book is this whole story of two different lives that come together through this timekeeper who was alive since the beginning of creation. It's a short read, but it reminds me that time is man's thing. That we have short days and specific timelines to remind us to use our days wisely, but that we also need to appreciate the still days. The in between moments. I don't want time to have so much control over me. 

Comments

Popular Posts