Brag Moment

Everyone gets a brag moment in life. You get a promotion. Brag. You're having a baby. Brag. You found a nickel in your back pocket. Brag until the sun goes down. I think that sometimes it's OK to feel a little happy and proud of something you've done or discovered. As long as everything is in moderation and as long as you are humbly proud, go for it. And since no one reads this anyway, I might as well brag for one second. 

I'm a writer. Not a journalist. 
I'm in the Journalism program at BYU, but I don't want to be a reporter. 
I don't know what I want to be. 
Well, yes I do. 
This ramble isn't stopping. 
I want to be an editor. 
Well, really a mother. 
But also an editor. Or something. 

                           
                        First day of school, living in the dorms: 2012 
Summer 2014: Living off campus with Lauren

So I'm in Comms 321: News Writing. Apparently it's one of the more brutal Communications classes, and it's required. 
And I'm not doing that bad. 

In fact, I've been published twice so far, with other stories on the way. 
I don't get to use my humor, and I have to get the facts straight and focus on BYU Life, but it's a start. A start to who knows where. 
So read your heart out. 



P.S. I just applied to be an editor in the Universe newsroom. We'll see where this writing takes me. 

Comments

Popular Posts