Falling towards my Future

How do you decide what you want to do with the rest of your life? Women, especially in LDS culture, are encouraged to become mothers and stay at home. And that's what I want, but I also want to have the time and opportunity to work and find a career. 

As Summer turns into Fall, I am closer to graduating than I was to starting school. And that's weird. Also, as the movie The Giver comes out, I start thinking about those societies. And how they found their careers when they turned 12, 16, whatever age it was. I want to go to a ceremony, have my name read, walk up, and receive my life's calling. And maybe that happened before. But for now, I am figuring it out one day at a time. 
I'm a writer. I'm a movie lover. I went to the dentist yesterday. Irrelevant. I'm a 20-year-old writing a blog every month only to be able to look back on this blog and find out where I was at a point in my life. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I'm trying every day to remember my plan and who I was and who I am and who I can be. 

Hello Fall

Comments

Popular Posts