The Summer of '16

I'm not a blogger, but I like to update this so I can remember my life. Because one day, I really do think my mind will wither away and I'll forget the small, currently "meaningless" moments. I can't remember what I did when I was 8 years old, so who knows if I'll remember these days in a decade or two? I'll throw up some bullet points, add a few pictures, and boom, my online journaling is done.

The more I post/read/scroll on social media, the more I realize how much we desire an audience. After watching Bo Burnham's "Make Happy" special on Netflix, I'm more aware of my need to be liked. Of everyone's need to have others watch their life.

I've recently questioned why we post things; are we trying to spread positivity by sharing that swimsuit photo of our latest trip to Hawaii? Or are we looking for validation, comments, and a number above 100 to make ourselves feel good. Do I want my children to start life with a screen in their faces? (Well that'll probably happen because iPads are a good distraction) But do I want them to rely on social media like I sometimes do?

These are just the thoughts on my mind. Currently we fish, workout, sleep, talk about finances, school, our future, baby names (we're not close to having a baby but yeah), watch funny videos, FaceTime my family and miss my baby Nora niece. Life is beautiful, rushed, perfect, sad, busy, and everything.

Enough ranting, here are some PHOTOS:






Comments

Popular Posts