Favorite Finds No. 1

Early in the week, I check out estatesales.net and see what's going on in my area. On Saturday mornings in Temecula, I'll accompany my mom and sister at 6 a.m., following brightly colored garage sale signs. I love vintage finds and being able to bring back styles to fit into my home. Some are a hit and a miss, and some finds are so amazing I can't believe it. 

When my husband goes to sleep around 9 or 10, I stay up until 11 or 12 (I know, I should go to sleep earlier!) and I search the Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist ads, and OfferUp for fun. I usually don't buy anything, but looking around gives me a good idea of the trends and millions of couches people give away. 

So here are a few of my favorite items that I've found/bought for cheap over the last couple years. Some are DIY projects, decor ideas, and more. I daydream about our future home and how I'll decorate it, and I'm slowly starting each day. 

A Target Threshold rug, not exactly my "find,"
but something I love! $18 when it was on sale
My vintage rugs! The one on the left was $4, the one on the
right was $3, both from vintage stores/Goodwill. 
This is what the $3 rug looks like in the kitchen
area. I love this rug style and hope to get larger
pieces for my home one day!

For now, I roll this rug up because I don't
have a ton of rooms to lay it out in!
I still love the look of the rolled rug.


This bar cart comes from my husband's
grandpa's 1950s home in Idaho. He had so
many treasures, and my MIL was nice enough
to let me take what they didn't want! 
We use it as a sort of entryway table for now.
I love the warm wood look, and I'm personally
not a fan of repainting classic wooden pieces. 
I cannot love this couch enough, especially
because it was FREE. A woman on FB Marketplace
said she needed someone to remove it from her
apartment because she was getting a new
couch. This is a Room & Board navy blue modern
couch, retail around $1000-1300. 


I got this $2 frame from a store, bought white
posterboard as backing, and taped up my
instax photos to create this look! I added a
matted look around the edges and I'm planning
on doing this again when I find a similar frame.

I got this Michael's 24x36 frame for $18. The
print is from Unsplash.com, printed at Staples
on an engineering print for $5. 

This pillow cover was $2 at a Goodwill, and the insert
was $4 from Walmart. Simple as that.

This couch probably won't stay forever, but
it was a $40 find at D.I. in Provo, and it
was clean and not floral, so we grabbed it.

My husband is still not loving the vintage
nightstands because the drawers aren't
slidey ones, but I LOVE the look. He has
one on his sides with 3 drawers. They were
a set for $150, which was a little pricey
but I loved them enough to get them,
considering most MCM pieces are $300+
per nightstand. 

The pink radio on the left was from the
house in Idaho! MIL let me take it and
it's the perfect retro piece. 

I made these yarn hangings after getting
into the trend earlier this year. I probably
won't make any more, since I can't put one
on every single wall, but I love that you can
customize them and they're only about $10! 

Comments

Popular Posts