JK Arts, Crafts, and Designs

Hello! I wanted to do a post about the fun crafts and things I do, since many have asked about them! Disclaimer: many of my ideas come from Pinterest or other photos, so I'm working on my own ideas too! It's easier to begin with other ideas already created.

My main focus is embroidering right now, but I do watercolor prints, writing, baby room prints, chalkboard writing, creative brainstorming, any kind of poem/essay editing, and more! I basically want others to come to me for anything they need! I'm working on becoming that "creative creator" who people know to come to! If you have a photo on Pinterest or an idea you want to see come to life, don't hesitate to ask!

And my amazingly handyman husband, Jonathan, has made more than I ever will—if you ask him for anything (basically), he can create it. We've worked on two full shiplap walls, shelving units, giant letters, and more. One day I imagine him building custom furniture in a giant workshop/shed we own, and me creating/commissioning crafts and helping decorate weddings like my mom! This is what we love to create:

1. Shiplap walls
2. Any kind of shelving/tables/furniture
3. Embroidery hoops
4. Watercolor prints
5. Blogspot/Website help!
6. Editing/Writing help (I edit essays, poems, papers, and more)
7. Wedding lettering
8. More to come!

Here are some of the things we've done! It's always amazing to finish a project and tackle something new:

A gallery wall in our old apartment. I love to add my drawings
to our home! I got that wooden circle from Home Depot for $7
and painted it!
Shiplap walls in the living room! Jonathan and I put these up in a day.
We love this farmhouse look, and it's actually really simple to create!

Sliding farmhouse doors Jonathan built for my
mom's bedroom! He used plumbing pipes for the
railings and installed them himself!

My mom has wanted these doors for a while,
and I think they turned out so amazing! It
really adds a freshness and new angle to the room.

The latest embroidery project! This one took
awhile, but it's so unique!

More embroidery projects I've been working on!

Some yarn wall hangings I learned how to make and cut, using
copper and wood to hold them up.

Jonathan built this letter board for cheap! We ordered letters off Amazon
It was a good DIY project, and we learned that letter boards are
hard to make. 

I love gallery walls! This was a more simple wall we organized
for my grandfather's garage (I know, a gallery wall in a garage?
He had lots of frames and wanted to drive into a nice looking place!)

A rough rough draft of my sister and her husband! 

Photo styling! I love to style photos and stay busy with creative projects

Jonathan built these 92" letters! I saw them at Hobby Lobby for $90
each and wanted them in gold! Little did I know he would construct
his own letters, install the lightbulbs, spray paint them gold, and surprise
me with them before our wedding. Now we have to name our child
something with a "J" so we can keep these around hahah. 

The geometric backdrop we hand painted for my wedding!

Another up-close look at the backdrop we taped
 and painted on a 9x12 canvas. 

The "Busy Baby Board" we built for our niece! We
got the idea from Pinterest and found these items
from the Dollar Store and Walmart! 

Building a floor-to-ceiling shelving unit for Jonathan's Mom.
She lives in Idaho and had to transport this, so Jonathan made
sure this piece could be split in two pieces and connected
together with a creative hook system. 

Wedding lettering/chalkboard for my sister's 2015 wedding! 

Simple drawings/watercolors and stamp letters

A group of watercolor paintings and ideas I've created!

Colorful floral letters for any kind of print


Christmas prints!

Another version of the bright floral initial letter!

For my niece, a larger watercolor letter!

My husband in his natural habitat!
Working on the living room shiplap wall!
Reclaimed wood shelves in Mom's master bedroom.



The finished shiplap walls in my mom's room! This was
also at Christmastime we don't dress like this usually.


Comments

Popular Posts