53

That's how many days left until Christmas. In between comes 4 weeks off of school (Thanksgiving and Winter Break), braces (whaaa?), exercising, shopping, and lots of movies and laughs. This is the best time of the year because not only are you celebrating what happened, you are looking forward to what's to come. AND I JUST LOVE IT. 


Top 10 Favorite Christmas Movies 
(This came out of the blue. I had Top 5 to begin with but found so many I had to make it longer)


1. Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" 
Since October just ended, this was a good one to start the list with. Perfect combination of two holidays in the creepiest way. Great music, great graphics, great stuff. Best part was when Jack is in the woods and sees all those other doors with all the holiday icons on it and he opens the one with the Christmas tree and boom...the story starts. 6/10
















2. Dr. Suess's "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"
If everyone doesn't love this movie, they're crazy. I put this one next because it reminds me of Jack in the movie above- how they both dress up as Santa and put a new spin on the holiday. Jim Carrey was the only one who could've done this. I've known the story since I was little, but seeing it come alive is amazing! Best part for me is the flashback of the Grinch's life as a baby to adult. And the line, "Am I just eating because I'm bored?" (Dinner with myself, I can't cancel that again!) 8.5/10












3. Home Alone- a family comedy without the family
Keeping along the lines of Christmas bad guys, Home Alone definitely captures the stealing spirit of Christmas. (I feel like I'm being a movie critic, maybe this is too much) Best "Home Alone" yet- the sticky bandits and bird lady, and all the cool stuff he does to catch them. "Kevin's not here, Kevin's not here, Kevin's not here" at the airport. Haha! 6.5/10
















4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Another classic movie. "I want to be a dentist"- great line. Love the animation and the misfit island part. Watched this for as long as I can remember, and I'll watch it again this year. Rudolph has the cutest stuffy nose voice. I heart Christmas. 7/10


















5. Disney's "A Christmas Carol" 
Also one to fly around, Jim Carrey does yet another wonderful Christmas movie! When I saw this in theaters, I did not know that I would be that scared. It's dark and loud, but so cool. Everything about it was so captivating- the flashbacks and spirits and feel of the 1900s. 8/10
6. Elf
Do I even need to write anything for this movie? 10/10
























7. The Polar Express
Keep in mind these movies aren't in order, because I'd put them all at #1. Tom Hanks is my absolute favorite, so when I found out he played 3+ characters in this movie, I was excited. Great colors and graphics and sounds and everything else I've mentioned before. I loved making a little train in first grade and listening to the story of the train. Wish this were real! (Like the Hogwarts train) 9/10














8. I'll Be Home For Christmas
This one is super old and rare to find, but from what I can remember as an 8-year-old watching this on Disney channel, it was sweet. Best part was when he and this girl kiss under the mistletoe and it ends up on TV on the local news and everyone sees it. And when he shows up at his house at the end....but I won't spoil it. Gotta rewatch this to relive the memories. 6/10














9. The Santa Clause 2
I wanted to put all three of "The Santa Clause" movies up, but I chose #2 because it's the one where he has to find a wife and he has that watch where his power runs down (why did Bernard even make him a watch in the first place, just let him have unlimited power). Charlie and the principal and the awkward dates he goes on. Neil's sweaters and the tooth fairy. Definitely the best one out of the three. 9/10














10. Jingle All The Way
Yes, it may seem tacky, or you may have never heard of this movie, but this may be my favorite out of the whole list. My family has watched this since the beginning of time and we love it. Schwarzenegger isn't the best, but the storyline is classic and it isn't a typical Christmas movie. All about buying the Turbo-Man doll for his son and going to the ends of the earth to do it. 10/10




















Well, this took longer than I thought. But all these movies each bring back their own memories, and Christmas is right around the corner. What are your favorites?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts