Back to School

I am now going to be using my blog as a part of my Book of Mormon class! Each week we have to write a little bit about what we learned in class and share it with others, so I am going to be posting weekly now! It will only be a paragraph or two about my experiences and insights on the class, so you don't have to read it. It's mostly an extension of my Book of Mormon journal and class!

1/10/13: After taking Brother Griffin's class last semester, I was very excited to start again and learn more about the second half of the Book of Mormon. On Tuesday I immediately felt the Spirit and realized it had been lacking throughout Winter Break. When Brother Griffin suggested that we "come to know Him like we have never known Him before", I felt the Spirit telling me that there is so much more I can know and learn and do and become. There is so much potential in every single person walking around this campus, and I need to step up my game. I need to do more and be more than I was last semester. I know and I am known. In addition to finishing the Book of Mormon as a class and going through each chapter in depth, I am reading the 1860s version of the Book of Mormon on my own and hoping to finish around the time my brother returns home from his mission in May. I have already felt the weight of pressure this semester and the feelings of neutrality and inadequacy, but I know that there is no reason to rest on this road to eternal life. You are either moving forwards or backwards- there is no standing still. I know there is a plan for me and that, like Zeezrom, I can experience a change and move forward in faith.

Comments

Popular Posts