Astonishing

This week's biggest home run for me was found in 3 Nephi 2:1. The verse talks about the people beginning to forget and becoming "less and less astonished with the signs and wonders". I realized how truly grateful I was and how many blessings surround me. My favorite word in the scriptures is 'remember' because I am always so fascinated by the idea that we were once in Heaven then we completely forgot when we passed through the veil to this Earth. I know I've seen glimpses of Heaven here, like Spencer W. Kimball in his talk "Glimpses of Heaven", and I feel familiar love when I walk this Earth. I have a special love for the beauty and creations of God and that verse reminded me that I have to wake up every day and go to sleep every night being truly astonished. Astonished that I am allowed another day, another chance to prove myself. Astonished at the tiny miracles or the people I meet or experiences I have throughout the day. Astonished at a healthy body, a working mind, a full heart, and a family who loves me. Astonished that I have the knowledge of a true and everlasting gospel. I am genuinely astonished at my life and the places I have come. I don't want to live another dull or neutral day ever again. President Monson said it best when he said that "every day of your life is a special occasion." I know that the minute we begin to forget or the minute our lives seem ordinary is the minute that the adversary wins. We need to remember in whose hands our lives live and in whose name we are living that life.

Comments

Popular Posts