La Familia

I was in Student Leadership class this week when the professor asked us a question.

What would be the worst thing to happen to you?

A student raised her hand and said, "Death; if I died it would be the worst thing."

But when the professor asked that question, immediately five people rushed to my mind.

Mom. Dad. Jordan. Lauren. Haley. (We'll throw in Max)

The worst thing in the world would be losing my family.
(This is the most devastating way to start a blog post.)

Sometimes I think about my future family and wonder how I could love them as much as the family I have right now. How can I be the mom? How can I make sure my kids will be as close as I am to my siblings? How can we have the same inside jokes, humor, traditions? Then I figured it out.

My family isn't supposed to be the same as my family. The family that I'm going to have in 5, 10, 15, 20 years isn't supposed to be exactly the same as the one I have now. We will have our own vacations, our own family prayers, our own traditions. I will love my family even more than I love my family. It will only add to the joy I feel today. Maybe a 20-year-old BYU girl in Utah thinking about her future family is way too cliché, but what's this Plan on Earth for anyway?
 It's for families. And I am so grateful for mine. 




Comments

Popular Posts