DIY Shiplap Living Room Wall

SHIPLAP LIVING ROOM WALL


Our main room/living room has a triangle wall that slants toward the ceiling. It has a TV mounted on the wall, two windows, and nothing else. We have a TV media console from Walker Edison Furniture underneath and a toy basket. 

I wanted to add *something* to the wall but wasn't sure what to do. I thought about hanging random frames all over the wall, but wanted a cleaner look that wouldn't clash with the windows. I even once asked my husband if we could cover up the windows with "wall" so it could all be even 😛

We decided on shiplap: it's easy, timeless (or overplayed if you wanna say that), and pretty! 


 We had some TV wires in the wall that weren't totally safe, so Jonathan got some conduit and rewired the whole thing. He added 2 outlets up near the top so we could easily plug things in to the mounted TV and the wall. 


After all the shiplap was nailed on! I usually would put in some DIY steps but it realllllly helps to have a handyman husband who can buy the wood, router it, measure, cut, and nail it to the wall. The painting was really the "worst" part of it all. 


The final product! It looks like it should've been there the whole time. 


This is what the room looked like when we first bought the home. Nothing wrong with it at all, but it's cool to see how far we've come with our changes along the way! 


Now I'm looking at other blank walls in my home and thinking about what kind of accent wall, paint, or wallpaper (Jonathan would say a big NO to that one) I can put on it. 

Comments

Popular Posts