Pantry Mess Makeover for under $100!

Have you ever seen those gorgeous, organized pantries on Pinterest or online? They have individual jars and boxes for almost every ingredient imaginable. Some people even wallpaper their pantries, or create handmade labels. 


As a new mom, I can't imagine ever keeping that kind of pantry clean for long! So we went with a simpler refresh that works for anyone, from the busy mom with 3 kids to the experienced chef! 

My mom has a walk-in pantry with shelves and a back area for storage. And BOY did they use that pantry for storage, knick knacks, random vases, cardboard cutouts of Moana and Edward Cullen (I'll show pictures haha!), and more. 


This is the BEFORE of the pantry:

I knew when I came down to visit we HAD to tackle this mess. With a little nudging and encouragement, I helped my mom clean out and redo this whole pantry.


We ordered Sterilite white baskets from Amazon, a small spinning tray for easy-to-grab items, and a set of Chef's Pantry tall canisters for holding my mom's cereal! 



It took us about 1 hour to empty the 
shelves and clean them off! 


Which left us with THIS mess on the counters! (Can you spot the cardboard cutouts in the background?)


NEXT we played around with the baskets and organizers to see what would be most functional and what would look good when you walked in to the pantry. This step in the process was so fun because we felt soooo close to the finished product! 

After 2 more hours of organizing and loading food into canisters, we have the final reveal! 




We love the end result! Now let's see how long it will stay this organized. Do you have any pantry organization tips or fun DIYs for the pantry? Let me know!! 


Comments

Popular Posts