IKEA Play Kitchen Reveal!


For our baby's 1-year birthday, we wanted to get her a play kitchen! There are SO many options out there (some for thousands of dollars!) but I've always liked the IKEA duktig kitchen

I partnered with Fusion Mineral Paint to give this kitchen a makeover! They had so many colors, and I got a few jars to try out. We went with the color Inglenook, which is a lighter blue/green. I didn't want to go full pink or girly with this kitchen, since she's our first baby. I've also seen super adult/elegant kitchens, but I wanted to keep it colorful and still childlike. 

   

Here's how our makeover process went! 


Step 1: Pull out all the parts and label them. This will make it easier to figure out what parts you want to paint. 



Step 2: Paint! I had to go back and paint some pieces twice because I missed a side or didn't realize how it would fit together. So prep is important! Follow the instructions and really try to mark which pieces you need to paint.


The paint was super easy to apply! I did about 2-3 coats total. I used a spray paint sealer coat at the end, especially with the plastic parts. 



The faucet, hooks, and hook rod I painted metallic gold. The sink I spray painted white. With the plastic pieces, I sealed them like 5-6 times! I noticed chipping on the sink, so I painted it again and sealed it even more. I'm sure the plastic will chip as my baby plays with it, but that's OK to me. 


Step 3: Assemble the kitchen. I had Jonathan's help with this part, and after seeing it with the microwave door white, I wanted to go back and paint the microwave to match the bottom cabinets. 

 


Step 4: Decorate and style! It's such a cute kitchen, and my baby is still a little young to know what to do with it, but I'm sure we'll use it through the years. 





It was surprisingly SO much fun to makeover this IKEA duktig play kitchen. With so many IKEA play kitchen hacks out there, it's cool to add another to the mix! In the future I *may* add a backsplash backing to the kitchen, but for now, we'll enjoy watching our little one grow and play with it!

LINKS

Wooden pots and pans : Pottery Barn Kids

Paint: Fusion Mineral Paint Inglenook

3-tiered basket : Home Goods 

Play food: from my Mom and FB marketplace

Wood knobs: Home Depot

Wood handles: Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts