Everything :)

I always write during boring parts of class, and I am proud to say that my first 2011-2012 poem was created in my always-boring AP Stats class! While our 60-year-old teacher monologued the whole 58 minutes, I wrote this. Here we go:

the start of a slow song
a letter in the mail
that moment in a storm
when tiny raindrops turn to hail
a smile in the hallway
finding large amounts of cash
when that crumpled piece of paper
nails that freethrow in the trash
every single piece of music
ever written, ever sung
sinking deep into a pillow
chocolate melting on my tongue
fire drills in math class
and laughing 'til i cry
random cute surprises
and thanksgiving pumpkin pie
baseball in a stadium
and finding cash again
that moment when you meet someone
and then become their friend
cruising through a green light
wet and mushy sand
when you look over and meet my eyes
and reach out for my hand
lying in a hammock
and discounts at the mall
watching sparkly stars at night
and trying to count them all
that perfect shot in tennis
and walking in the rain
when i'm way too energetic
and my friends call me insane
ferris wheels and red balloons
and sitting by the fire
firework explosions
and the harmonies in choir
the booming sound of thunder
and that moment lightning strikes
taking lots of pictures
riding helmet-less on bikes
writing poems a mile long
then reading them out loud
or that moment when i find your smile
hidden in a crowd
when two people say the same thing
without planning it before
that moment when it's time to stop
'cause i want to write much more.
so i'll stop.



Comments

Popular Posts