Lucky Sunday

Happy St. Patrick's Day :) I really don't get why we wear green or celebrate Irish people, but maybe I should do some more research. I'm pretty sure they aren't across the ocean rejoicing over America's independence, but I won't argue. The day is almost over anyways. 


On to more important things...in class we talked about the importance of the name of the church, and it got me thinking about my own name and the people and things I represent every day. "Children generally grow up to be like their parents, if they follow them", and I am feeling so lucky to be born into the family I was. I don't know how it all went down up in Heaven, or if we really did get to choose them or not, but I know that I was given my parents because of their strength and characteristics. For my father's eyes and humor and my mother's friendliness. Not only am I trying to live up to the Koford name, but I am also trying to live up to the name of Christ. Each week taking the Sacrament we take upon His name and promise to always remember Him. Always. And there are times during my week when I forget. I may never be able to bring honor back to that name, but I know that He does not expect perfection. He hopes for it, and believes it will happen one day, but he does not demand it right now. And for that I am so lucky and so grateful. My favorite thing that my professor said this week was a perfect summary of all I can hope for: "A perfect man at an imperfect trial was found guilty so that one day an imperfect man may stand at a perfect trial and be found not guilty." 


 It only makes sense the The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints chooses to leave the cross behind and remember Him with a steeple, an Angel Moroni, a temple, a pure color, and so many more reminders. He is not dead, for He is risen. I don't know how or why I was born into this church or why I was given the gospel on a plate. I am grateful every day that I have the knowledge of the joy of this gospel and I am eternally lucky because of it. I have to turn that luck and gratitude into action and show my Heavenly Father how lucky I really am and what kind of instrument I can be for Him. I am lucky to be alive, to be in America, to have a forever family, and to be able to start over when I cannot live up to that name. 
I will never forget how lucky I truly am. 

Comments

Popular Posts