The Last Testimony

"Joseph, this is my Beloved Son; Hear Him." Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley once said that this is the surest and strongest, most powerful testimony of Christ ever said. Heavenly Father personally came down to introduce Him. When a simple and sure statement comes from Heavenly Father, there can be nothing more powerful. I heard once during stake conference that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were the first set of missionaries on Earth, and Joseph Smith was the first investigator. Putting it in that perspective made me truly appreciate the examples given to me by Heavenly Father and Jesus. They did not put me here alone and do not want me to do it all on my own. 3 Nephi 11 is proof enough that the Atonement is not only infinite, but intimate. When Christ met with each person one by one, it confirmed to me that His time is not our time; His time is better, and He knows me by name. Brother Griffin compared it to the sacrament each Sunday and reminded me that even that is a one on one act to renew covenants with God. When I pray at night, I am not just speaking to a wall or to someone who puts me on hold. I know that I am a literal daughter of God and that I am here to strengthen my own sure and strong testimony and become like Him.

Comments

Popular Posts