It's Not My Life

Well technically, it is my life, but in the eternal perspective, everything I do and become and love is because of my Heavenly Father and Savior. I am only an instrument in His hands and I have learned, more than anything, the importance of timing and planning, specifically that it isn't my time and it isn't my plan. The older I get, the more sure I am that I am not running the show. Brother Griffin said, "Sometimes we think we know where His revelation is going. Then your point changes direction for you. Don't get so caught up in the end and what you think the ending will be. Later down the line we hit something that changes it all. You don't have to see the entire picture to put your faith in the Lord." Nephi was courageous because He did what was asked. Abinadi spoke with the Spirit and stood boldly. Alma and the sons of Mosiah opened their hearts and let the Lord in to change them. They did not try to plan it all. At this point in my life there are so many doors open and so many different ways the story could end, but I know that I need to focus on one page at a time. I need to try a little harder to be a little better and lose myself in the Lord and His love. It's not my life I am living--and I can only hope that one day, when time and space and mysteries all make sense, I can look back on my life on Earth and love what I learned. My Heavenly Father will take me where I need to go and make me into who I need to be. I am blessed to have that knowledge and sure enough to trust Him forever.

Comments

Popular Posts