Less is More with Minimalism


You've probably heard of minimalism—decluttering, cleaning, or removing items you don't use or need anymore. There are SO many branches of minimalism and different approaches. Here are a few methods or rules that fall under the umbrella of Minimalism:


1. If you haven't used an item in 6 months, toss it! 

2. If you love the item and it brings you joy, keep it (regardless of if you've used it or not)

3. When you bring a new item into your home, you must remove an item of equal size or importance (helps keep balance in your home)

4. If you hear yourself saying, "I COULD use this for something" or "Maybe one day I'll need to use it," then it's time to throw it out or donate it


To me, minimalism also comes through in your home—how it feels, the way things flow, etc. If a space looks cluttered or busy, it makes me feel extra anxious or uncomfortable. That doesn't mean you can't have frames on the wall, but if you're following minimalism, you keep home decor and furniture clean, simple, and high-quality. 



That's why I love that AllModern is focusing on Minimalism with their modern and minimalist choices. When I think of AllModern, I think of high-quality, beautiful, and yes, sometimes more expensive items. But that's because they're made to last! 


I was asked to pick some of my favorite AllModern minimalist items from their collections. If I had an unlimited budget and could donate my other items, I'd get rid of it all and exchange it for all these amazing pieces!

This would be a DREAM living room, don't you think? From the sleek side tables to the bold lamps, I'm in love with it all. 

Minimalist to me also means more of a neutral palette, with some bold pieces or splashes of color here and there. (If you've ever seen the Kardashian's mansion after they renovated it, you'll know what extreme minimalism looks like!)

This Spring and Summer, we're focusing on keeping our homes clean, uncluttered, and more minimalist-modern! I'm excited to work with AllModern to show you a new minimalist piece I'm bringing to my living room, and how I'm giving our space a Minimalist Makeover! 



 This is our living room back in October last year. We haven't changed it much, so I'm excited to clean it up and bring a more modern and minimalist feel to the space! Stay tuned and keep your eyes out for some AllModern love. 

Comments

Popular Posts