It's Friday

I'm still very unsure of what types of things to write on here- I don't want it to become a play-by-play of my day, nor do I just want to scribble down poems all day. But I found this poem literally 10 seconds ago, and I think it's beautiful. Normally, I hate other poets because I am so prideful and can only criticize them, but a few I come across are acceptable, if not wonderful. Here we go! 


An Inadequate Poem by ephemera
A poem falls short; I'd like, instead
to draw a single line from me to you 
and watch it curl into a word
so beautiful it's still unsaid –
or press paper to the window pane
so that the day might saturate
a note that brightly warms your hands, 
spills birdsong from imagined trees
and buzzes like fat bumblebees,
but I am bound by language, love; I can't.


I actually really enjoyed it, hope you did too. I should start a "Dear Abby" type process on here in order to make this website more readable. I'll think of something...another summer day I have now to enjoy. Happy Friday! 


Comments

Popular Posts