& They Lived Happily Ever After...

I wrote a "Prince Charming" poem awhile ago (https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/note.php?note_id=485199823982), 
and it goes hand in hand with this little rant that I wrote as well. If you couldn't tell, I love making fun of princes and fairy tales, even though I pray that they are real. Here we go!

"There aren't even any fairies in fairy tales...except for Peter Pan, but that one was cool. The stories with Prince Charming- those were funny. People would ask me if I wanted my Prince Charming to carry me away on a white horse, but I'd tell them I was more of the "throw rocks at my window" kind of girl. Like either of those happen. They used to ask me what I would say to my noble knight after he slayed the deathly dragon- because every fairy tale also has a dragon. Then I'd spit out a sappy, well written monologue that would go a little something like this:

'Hey handsome, thanks for killing that dragon and making me feel good and safe for five minutes. Is my hair okay? I would jump into your arms and run off into the sunset with you, but I have a few questions first. It will only take up a minute of your time. 

How many other princesses have you saved? Because you are too good at this for it to be your first time. 
Are you always this chivalrous? Am I just special? 
Will you let me hold the reins on the horse, or will I sit silently in the back? 
Is this the only dragon you can defeat? Because there are going to be a lot more of them.
Did you save me because you were bored? Or because it was a challenge? 
Where are you going to take me? 
Can I trust you?' 

And then the prince would babble out a few excuses and a lie. And I'd climb out of my tall tower and trust him, all because he killed one dragon and had a nice smile. Thanks Prince Charming, for saving me. Thank you fairy tales, for making me listen for rocks at my window each night."

Comments

Popular Posts