Workin' 9 to 5...

Yes, I am at work! And, Aunt Nancy, if you're reading this, I will have you know that I have entered a bunch of things into the computer in a timely manner, and I just happen to have a bit of free time. Things are running smoothly under my belt here. Yep, I'll be CEO in a matter of weeks. I'm also working on some AP English summer assignments, which requires me to read 3 books over summer. The one I'm reading now is a tedious, gruesome tale called The Road. It's boring and dark and dreary. I only enjoyed one of the books; 1984 by George Orwell. It was my second time reading it, but I still got a lot out of it. My favorite thing in that book is the slogan "Big Brother is watching you"-kind of dramatic. I had a substitute last year in Physics who spent the entire 53 minute class period monologue-ing a well written speech of the world to us teenagers. At one point he took his cell phone out of his pocket and held it up and said, "People! Big Brother is still watching you. And he's doing it with this!" Then he slammed his phone on the desk and slapped a kid and got fired. Kidding....

I kind of feel like Big Brother is watching me here (AT WORK) because I feel like I'm on the show "Scare Tactics". That show usually targets teenagers who have started a new job and are sitting at the front desk all alone, much like myself. Then they send in monsters and creeps to mess the kid up. Any minute now, someone is going to walk in the front door and I'm going to hide under the desk and....ok, I'm not THAT paranoid. That's all for now, I guess. Those are the thoughts traveling through my mind at the moment. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts